Trip Coordinator: Jenna Hanson
Activity Type: All activities are welcome. (Hiking, Scrambling, Drytooling, Climbing, etc.)
Difficulty Rating: Will be based on activities available and weather dependent.
THIS IS A PAID EVENT. ALL PARICIPANTS MUST PAY IN ADAVNACE IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE EVENT. Club members are required to pay for their guests upon registration.
Cost per Person: $85.00
- Cost includes:
- Beds for Oct 15th & 16th
- Turkey for shared meal
- Cooking supplies for Turkey
- No refunds will be provided for partial attendance and/or if participants are only staying one night out of the two booked at the hostel.
- The cancellation cut off date is October 1st to receive a full refund.
- From OCTOBER 1st on, refunds WILL NOT be available.
- If you are no longer able to attend after October 1st, please see "options for you to explore if you need to cancel" below.
The annual Turkey Trek is back! This is a social event with outdoor activities planned throughout the day. This event is open to members and family/guests of members (including youth under 18 years of age). All guests and family members will be required to sign the GMMC waivers upon arrival at the event. For children under the age of 18, the legal guardian is required to sign the waivers on behalf of their children and must be present during the event.
The event is being held at the Shunda Creek Hostel. (Hostel Info). Each room has 5 beds and will be a co-ed style accommodation.
Participants are to arrive at the hostel on the evening of Oct 15th, no later than 11:00PM. If you are arriving later than this, please contact the hostel directly.
Activities will be planned throughout the day for Saturday and Sunday by volunteer GMMC members, with a turkey meal held between 6:00-7:00PM (time to be confirmed) on Saturday. All participants are required to bring a meal to share pot-luck style with the group during the turkey meal. Participants are welcome to join the activities planned on Saturday / Sunday.
More information will be provided to the participants about the activities, potluck and about the event closer to the date and will be available on the GMMC announcement page.
If you are attending this event and wish to volunteer to help coordinate the event, please reach out to email@example.com.
OPTIONS FOR YOU TO EXPLORE IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL:
- Notify the trip coordinator.
Find someone to fill your spot. This cannot just be anyone, it must be someone with the skill set required to participate on the trip and/or course. The trip coordinator will still have discretion whether the replacement person is suitable. They are not “rejecting” your replacement to punish you, they simply want to ensure the highest level of safety is maintained on every event.
- If you are able to find a suitable candidate, the candidate must pay the cancelling member directly.
- The cancelling member is responsible for providing the contact information of the replacement to the trip coordinator. This is so the trip coordinator can provide information to the replacement candidate.
- If a suitable candidate can not be found, no refund will be provided and the participant is responsible to pay their portion of any fees incurred by the Club.
As per club guidelines, participants are responsible for arranging their own transportation.
Health & Wellness Form: This document is to be completed by trip participants & trip coordinators / leaders the day of travel to an event as well as every morning of the event.
All participants are required to review and comply with the updated GMMC Resources guidelines.
Please refer to the GMMC Policies regarding Animals, Carpooling, Accommodation, and Cancellation.